CONNECTION. CELEBRATION. ENGAGEMENT. LEADERSHIP.
Neighbourhood Small Grants
RNSG applications for 2021 are now open!
What is a Responsive Neighbourhood Small Grant?
- Vancouver Foundation‘s unique program to help build community and foster creativity during COVID-19
- They are small grants of up to $500 available to individuals to develop projects that ease social isolation
What community needs do we want the projects to achieve?
- ease social isolation of vulnerable people
- build community resilience, foster inclusion and wellbeing
- use, share, and exchange local assets and skills
- must adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- must only be carried out by people who live together
- must take place out of or close to your own home
- must be free to attend and participate
Examples of Projects
- distributing care packages to seniors
- storytelling workshops online
- arts and culture skill sharing online
- yoga and meditation sessions online
- cooking demonstrations online
- projects about health and wellness
Video: Sharing Skills and Knowledge
Watch the video to see how the previous Neighbourhood Small Grants program funded projects that shared skills and knowledge – then imagine your own version, carried out online to adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
Why should you apply for a Responsive Neighbourhood Small Grant?
- To support adherence to physical distancing guidelines
- To build your community’s resilience during COVID-19
- To foster community connection and wellbeing
- To share your passions with likeminded folks
- To make new friends at the same time!
Applying for a Grant
Neighbourhood Small Grants Coordinator
Help people from 40+ countries, many Indigenous nations, and all generations make the most of of life at our House.