- This event has passed.
March 14, 2019
Land and Lives in Mount Pleasant
Resurfacing History focuses on developing a community process for promoting understanding of the land around us and in our communities. We will work together to build capacity for Indigenous communities to learn and practice land-based teachings.
All community members welcome to join in and explore knowledge to integrates actionable steps that can make social ecosystems and infrastructure work for the urban Indigenous families and community members.
Twice a month learning opportunities to explore and learn the principles and values that guide gathering food, plant medicine and cultural resources in our community. This will be done respectfully with guidance from elders and cultural teachers.
Please contact Jolene Andrew to register, and to confirm the time and location of each meeting: 604.879.8208 ext 139 | email@example.com
- Saturday, March 9: Community ‘Trail’
- Thursday, March 21: Spring Equinox Ceremony
- Saturday, April 13: Harmony Garden
- Thursday, April 18: Pine Needle Basket Making
- Saturday, May 11: Stone Soup Community Event
- Thursday, May 16: All About Stinging Nettle