- This event has passed.
Resurfacing History: Land and Lives in Mount Pleasant
July 12, 2019
This Indigenous-led project focuses on developing a community process for promoting understanding of the land around us and in our communities. We work together to build capacity for Indigenous communities to learn and practice land-based teachings.
All community members, including non-Indigenous neighbours, are welcome to join in. Together we explore knowledge to integrate actionable steps that can make social ecosystems and infrastructure work for urban Indigenous families and community members.
- Saturday, June 8: Culturally Relevant Urban Wellness, UBC Farm Visit
- Thursday, June 13: Infusion, tinctures and salve making
- Friday, June 14: Devil’s club bead making and traditional black paint from inner sponge of Devil’s club
- Friday, June 28: Salve making workshop, continued from June 13
- Friday, July 12: Alder Eco Arts Hub (2750 East 29th Avenue)
- Saturday, July 13: Queen Alexandra Elementary School Garden
- Thursday, July 18: Water Ceremony
- Friday, July 26: Alder Eco Arts Hub (2750 East 29th Avenue)
Limited spaces. Advance registration required.
Jolene Andrew (Wet’suwet’en & Gitxsan Nations)
Indigenous Community Developer
604.879.8208 ext 139 | email@example.com