CONNECTION. CELEBRATION. ENGAGEMENT. LEADERSHIP.
Volunteer with Us
We are a volunteer-driven organization, relying on participation and contributions to maintain and deliver our programs.
Please note that due to COVID-19, volunteer opportunities are limited, as the Neighbourhood House is closed to the public. Remote volunteer opportunities may require a device and access to the internet, a telephone, or a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
We value our volunteers
We are a volunteer-driven organization, relying on participation and contributions to maintain and deliver our programs. There are many volunteer opportunities within the House from helping in the kitchen to volunteering with house programs or assisting with administrative activities.
- Gain new experiences
- Learn new skills and attend workshops
- Learn more about the community
- Meet new people and make contacts
- Stay involved while looking for work
- Have the opportunity to contribute to engaging the populations we serve and having a positive impact on their quality of life
- Enhance your resumé
- Obtain a letter of reference after three months
- Increase self-confidence
- Enjoy your experience while helping others
Please note that evening and weekend programs at MPNH are limited. Most volunteer opportunities occur on weekdays during office hours. Due to COVID-19, many volunteer opportunities are happening remotely and may require a device and access to the internet, a telephone, or a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Grocery Shopping for Seniors
- Emergency Meals Delivery
- Friendly Phone Calls
- Income Tax Clinic
- Digital Literacy
- Yardwork Assistance
- Front Desk / Admin
- Workshop Facilitators
- Special Events
Voices of Change: Volunteer Stories
604-879-8208 ext. 111