CONNECTION. CELEBRATION. ENGAGEMENT. LEADERSHIP.
Pre-Employment and Settlement Support Program
In partnership with WelcomeBC, we are pleased to offer the Pre-Employment and Settlement Support Program.
This program is committed to providing Settlement and Integration Services to support the social and economic integration of newcomers who are not eligible to receive immigrant support services under the federally funded program, and to focus in particular on the needs of Temporary Residents who are working in B.C. and have the intent to stay and Naturalized Citizens who are looking to be more fully engaged in the labour market.
- One on one information, orientation and referral services.
- Impact Mentorship Program (Please see description under Settlement Services)
- Weekly employment orientations onsite at MPNH.
- Labour Market Attachment Workshop series including:
- Intro to Volunteering & Placement Support
- Community Connections to support your network
- Resume and Cover letter skills
- Getting the most from Informational Interviews
- How to work a Job Fair
- Career Prospects in the current Job Market
- Monthly topical workshops on Labour Market & Employment covering:
- Workplace rights and responsibilities
- Work safety
- Workplace culture and probation
- Awareness of Social Benefits (EI, Income Tax and Child Tax, CPP)
- Employment Standards & Employment Relations
- Temporary Foreign Workers
- Provincial Nominees who are not yet approved for permanent residency
- Post-secondary International students who are eligible to work in Canada
- Refugee Claimants
- Naturalized Citizens
Job Search Trainer
604.879.8208 ext 204