CONNECTION. CELEBRATION. ENGAGEMENT. LEADERSHIP.
Family Resource Programs
Family Resource Programs
Family Resource Programs at Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House follow the guidelines set by the Family Resource Programs of BC (https://frpbc.ca/). Those guidelines include:
- Providing family-focused programs for children under six years old and implementing “My Tween and Me” program (parents with children 7-12 years old) since 2013
- Ensuring programs are of general interest
- Recognizing the unique strengths and needs of each family
- Engaging in positive interactions on an individual level
- Maintaining confidentiality and ethical practices
- Ensuring that families interact in a multicultural, multilinguistic environment as possible (staff can speak more than 7 languages)
- Encouraging peer positive parenting support.
Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House Family Resource Programs promote a multicultural learning environment that supports children and families from all cultural groups. We believe that children learn through play and that they have the right to be in an environment that is safe, healthy, and free from discrimination and abuse. We have an open-door policy and encourage parents to visit, give feedback and participate within the program.
Family Resource Programs cover five core service areas:
- Family Support
- Play-based Learning
- Early Learning and Literacy
- Parent Education and Learning
- Information and Referrals
Family Drop-In Programs
MPNH Family Drop-in – Dates and Times TBD.
“Oruguitas Latinas” – in Spanish for Latin-American families.
Saturday 11:00 am – 1:00pm (2nd & 4th Saturday of the month) (MPNH)
Dads at Play is a program for dads with children 0-5 years old. TBD.
Babies Sing and Grow: This is a program for parents with babies 0-12 months old. This program features baby and me nursery songs and rhymes, exploration of parenting issues, baby development and brain dance. $3 suggested donation per family. Location: Creekside Community Centre (1 Athletes Way)
Nobody’s Perfect Parenting Program
Circle of Security Program
My Tween and Me (middle years 7-12yrs)
My Tween and Me is a parenting program intended for families with children aged 7-12 years. This program is intended to strengthen the confidence of parents to positively influence the lives of their school-aged children in order to prevent high-risk behaviours. Childminding provided for under 5 years old children. Child Minding Provided. (English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish).
By donation. Membership and registration are required. No registration is required for Family Drop-In.
FRP Children’s program staff are trained in Early Childhood Education. All have valid First Aid and CPR training and each has successfully passed a Criminal Record Search. FRP coordinators and facilitators have a background in extensive parenting education and training.
For program dates and further information please contact the Family Resource Programs Coordinator at 604-879-8208, ext. 202 or email email@example.com.
For Settlement Family programs, please contact the Manager, Settlement Services, Vicky Li at 604.879.208 ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org