CONNECTION. CELEBRATION. ENGAGEMENT. LEADERSHIP.
Want help with your taxes? Do you meet our eligibility criteria?
Join us for a Free Tax Clinic at Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House. Running Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. until the end of April 2021. Tax clinics are by appointment only – no drop-ins. To register, contact Shirley at 604-879-8208, or by email at email@example.com
Criteria for the Free Tax Clinic
All tax returns done by the Free Tax Clinic are e-filed. We do not do paper returns. You must come by at the pre-arranged time with your tax documents and ID.
Your income must be less than the following:
Total family income under…
Your income tax return must be simple. Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:
- Benefits, such as Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
- Registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, or grants
- Interest (under $1,000)
You do not meet the requirements for the free tax clinic if your income is above the estimated chart above or your tax situation is not simple and includes:
- Being self-employed or having employment expenses
- Having a business or rental income and expenses
- Having a interest income over $1,000
- Capital gains or losses
- Foreign property (T1135)
- Bankrupt individuals in the year of bankruptcy (or the year prior, if that return has not been filed)
- Deceased individuals
Help people from 40+ countries, many Indigenous nations, and all generations make the most of of life at our House.